Friday 9 November 2012

Creamy Chicken

Cooking is not performance act or should not be. Its probably unrealistic for one to expect to be a model of serenity throughout however if one manages to be relaxed, both food & the evening with friends would go a lot better. Its not a test of your worth or acceptability, its just a dinner! Once in a while I don't mind buying certain ingredients, specific masala's or even dishes for that matter, however there are certain ingredients which I prefer to be strictly homemade. The tandoori masala is one of them and today I have come with a recipe of my own using the magic masala. So friends I present to you my creamy chicken recipe:) Nikhil loved it and asked me when I was going to make the curry again. That is when I decided to publish this recipe. So here it is!

Creamy Chicken:
Creamy Chicken!!!

Ingredients:
For the Marinade 
800 gm - 1 Kg chicken (cut slits on the pieces to allow the marinade to penetrate)
8 Shallots, cut in to chunky pieces (small onions)
2 & 1/2 Tbsp Tandoori Masala (I used Homemade version)
2  Tbsp Butter, melted ( you could substitute with ghee too)
1 cup Yogurt
1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
1 Tbsp Garlic, grated
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
For the gravy
3/4 cup Double cream ( you could reduce to half cup cream too)
Green Chillies slit, as per your taste
Few Coriander leaves, chopped
Salt, as per your taste

Method:
  • Mix together all the marinade ingredients including the chicken pieces. Cover and let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours minimum or more.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/180 C fan/gas 5 and bake the chicken (along with the left over marinade) for 30 mins or until the juices run clear.
  • When the chicken would have been baked to perfection. In a large pan,on medium heat, add the chicken, the remaining marinade, salt, chili & coriander leaves. Simmer covered for 10 mins and then let the pieces brown a little.
  • Add the cream and simmer for a minute.
Notes: Serve hot with Basmati rice / roti. I was inspired to make this after trying the butter chicken recipe from  Ria's blog ( I shall be posting that soon).

                                           ♥ Thank you ♥

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...