"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,
it became a butterfly"
Butterflies symbolize transformation... they accepts massive changes as part of their month long life! Humans on another hand handle and welcome only selective changes. We must learn to keep faith, from these tiny beautiful creatures :) We must try and spread happiness to all lives we touch... making this indeed a better place to live in.
OK! Philosophy 101 aside, these are simple cupcakes, made with lots of love and a bit of creativity. I had spotted these beauties at a local bakery and was dying to make them since then. So go ahead and transform plain cupcakes to wonderful things of beauty!
ƸӜƷ Butterfly Cupcakes ƸӜƷ
115 g Unsalted Butter, softened
115 g Caster Sugar
115 g Self raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Milk
For Whipped cream Frosting:
1 cup Double Cream
2 - 3 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 160 C fan/ gas 4. Prepare and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper liners.
- Cream softened butter with sugar until light and pale in color.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat the mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the sifted flour to the mixture.
- Now add the vanilla or any other flavoring as per your choice. The batter needs to be of dropping consistency, so add the milk as required. Combine the mixture and the batter is now ready!
- Now using an ice cream scoop or spoon, half fill the paper liners with the mixture and bake for about 15 to 20 mins or until well risen and done.
- Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile whip up the icing as follows.
- Pour the chilled cream into a mixing bowl and whip it for few mins until fluffy. Add in the icing sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks are formed.
- Cut a circular slice from the top of each cupcake leaving a cavity at the centre. Now cut the circular slice in half and keep aside.
- Fill the cupcake center with some whipped cream frosting and then arrange the halved cake slices on top to look like butterfly wings.
♥ Thank You ♥