It is Diwali season :D Bright hues of colors, arrays of lights, family, happiness, sweets, good wishes are all synonyms to Diwali or Deepavali. May all be blessed with happiness & prosperity this season.
Here is wishing you all a very happy & safe Diwali :)
⌘ Rava Laddu ⌘
2 Tbsp Ghee
Few Cashew nuts & Raisins
1/2 cup Grated Coconut
1 cup Rava/ Semolina
3/4 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Milk
Pinch of Cardamom or some Saffron strands
- In a pan, heat ghee and first fry the cashew nuts and raisins until golden brown.
- On a low flame, add the grated coconut, cardamon powder(if using) and mix well.
- Now tip in the rava or semolina and stir the whole mixture for around 8 mins or until it turns golden in color.
- Add sugar and warm milk and continue stirring for another min. Add saffron (if using) to the warm milk.
- Remove from fire. Divide the mixture into equal sized balls while still warm.
Notes: While roasting rava or semolina, keep stirring or else it may brown just on one side. Do not wait for the mixture to cool completely before shaping into balls as it will not hold together. I used a little less than 1/3 cup milk.
♥ Thank you ♥